Urgency Increases Conversions
Everyone knows that adding a sense of urgency to your marketing efforts increases conversions.
Adding a sense of urgency based on broad availability is fairly easy: "There's only 3 left in stock!", "The sale ends at midnight!", "The course closes today!", etc.
Many times, this is handled by broadcast emails being manually sent prior to the deadline.
The problem is, what happens when you want to introduce a sense of urgency to products and services to individuals, not just the broad market?
And, how do you do it in an automated fashion?
How do you get the click, now?
https://expiring.click is a tool we developed that helps you generate expiring links!
It makes adding a sense of urgency to your automated emails a piece of cake!
Here's an automated email I send to individuals that have requested to try our Facebook Ads course:
The link titled, "Click here to get the course at the discounted rate" is a special link that expires the day after the individual joins the trial ... basically, giving the subscriber between 24 and 48 hours to click the link in order to get the discounted rate.
If they click the link after the expiration date, they'll receive this message, "Sorry, this link has expired."
If they see that message, you can bet your bottom dollar the next time I send a link and state that it'll expire ... they're going to click ASAP!
How It Works
https://expiring.click works by receiving and processing 2 or 3 parameters. These parameters are:
- d = date the link is good through. Formatted m/d/Y (ie. 04/20/2017) and can be generated by an autoresponder merge tag (ie. %TODAY+1%)
- g = good URL (if clicked before expired)
- e = expired URL (if clicked after expired)
- This parameter is optional. If no link is specified, the message "Sorry, this link has expired" will be displayed.
- This is the link from the example above. As you can see, I'm using the ActiveCampaign merge tag to generate a date that's 1 day after today's date. If the link is clicked on or before %TODAY+1%, the individual will be forwarded to https://www.crazyeyemarketing.com/deal/. If the link is clicked after %TODAY+1%, the individual will see the message "Sorry, this link has expired."
- If the link is clicked on or before 04/21/2017, the individual will be forwarded to https://www.crazyeyemarketing.com/deal/. If the link is clicked after 04/21/2017, the individual will be forwarded to https://www.crazyeyemarketing.com/no-deal/
Expiring Link Generator
EDIT: I had a pretty link generator here; however, a theme update broke it and I couldn't put it back.
But, it's no big deal, the one on https://expiring.click still works!
Let Us Know!
Leave a comment if you used https://expiring.click telling us how it went!